How Fitness for Health is Taking Action to Protect Our Families from Coronavirus
The health and safety of our Fitness for Health clients and team is our highest priority. As the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to spread throughout the country, I wanted to share some of the actions Fitness for Health is taking to help protect you. Some of the following protocols have always been in place. Others are additional steps we feel are necessary to help prevent the spread of infectious diseases.
1. All clients are required to wash their hands or apply hand sanitizer before and after every appointment and when necessary.
2. All staff members are required to wash their hands before and after each appointment and when necessary.
3. Hand sanitizer stations have been installed throughout our upstairs office and first floor waiting room and gym. We encourage you and your children to utilize the hand sanitizer frequently.
4. Balls in the therapy area ball pit are cleaned on a regular basis using a specially designed ball-cleaning machine.
5. The kitchen, Fitness for Health bathrooms, first floor waiting room, and gym are being disinfected several times a day.
6. Door handles are disinfected several times a day.
7. Chairs in both waiting areas are being disinfected several times a day.
8. Equipment on both floors is being disinfected several times a day.
9. Effective March 18, we will be checking the temperatures of all staff and client families for fevers. Those with temperatures of 100 degrees or higher will be sent home.
10. Effective immediately, all BECO Building engineers will be disinfecting shared surfaces (e.g. elevator buttons, doorknobs, common area tables, and handrails).
11. If you or anyone in your family has been exposed to someone who has a confirmed case of the virus, please notify us immediately, so we can take necessary steps.
As this situation continues to evolve, we will closely monitor guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local health officials. We will continue to rely on their recommendations and expertise to inform our decisions.
Please call us at 301-231-7138 with any questions concerning our cleaning regimen.
We wish you and your family good health.
-Marc Sickel, President of Fitness for Health