It’s officially vacation season – that time of the year when your healthy eating and adherence to a consistent exercise routine to get into swimsuit shape finally pays off!
Are you anxious that taking a well-earned week of vacation will “erase” your health efforts? Scared that you’ll fall off the wagon by eating decadent desserts on your cruise or sunbathing on the beach instead of lifting weights in the gym?
Don’t be afraid to enjoy your vacation!
As a Certified Athletic Trainer and the founder of Fitness for Health, a therapeutic fitness center helping children, adults, senior citizens and professional athletes reach their full physical potential, try my tips to have fun while still continuing your healthy active lifestyle.
- how many aspirin can you give your dog Take a vacation. Congratulations! You’ve already completed the first step by deciding to relax and have fun! Your body produces cortisol, a stress-related hormone, that makes it difficult to lose weight. It is important to relax and reset your body in order to improve your health – physically and mentally. So, laugh, relax and allow your body to destress.
- codeine and weed high Splurge. You are on vacation. Now is not the time to ban all carbs and sweets. Allow yourself to sample that caramel popcorn or Key Lime pie – just try not to eat the whole pie! Count your family memories, not your calories!
- fentanyl itchy skin Try a new activity. Do you think that you have to hit the hotel gym in order to work out? Wrong! Make fitness fun. Try adding a long walk on the beach with your family, a surf lesson or a scenic kayak ride into your vacation schedule. You’ll have fun while burning calories.
- msds promethazine hcl Stay hydrated. Drinking water helps you lose weight. If your belly feels full, you won’t be as hungry and won’t overeat and drink sugary sodas to quench your thirst – which lead to empty calories. Also, because the brain is made up of mostly water, scientists have shown that proper water consumption helps you think more clearly and helps to lighten your mood on vacation. Therefore, it is vital that you try to drink half your bodyweight in ounces of water (if you weigh 120 pounds, drink 60 ounces of water) each day. Your body will thank you!
- sectral definition Rest. Vacation is the perfect time to take a luxurious nap in a perfectly hung hammock. You deserve it! Recent studies have suggested an association between sleep duration and weight gain. Sleeping less than five hours a night appears to increase the likelihood of weight gain. So, don’t limit your star-gazing party on the beach. Just ensure you are getting enough sleep by adding a much needed nap.
I wish you a happy – and healthy – vacation!
Are you looking for a way to maintain your swimsuit shape this summer and throughout the whole year? Fitness for Health can help you build a healthier body by creating a customized, exercise regimen that addresses your unique concerns. Whether you want to decrease your weight, tone, build muscle, increase flexibility or improve your athleticism, we can help you and your children reach your goals!